Leading teams successfully is a critical skill for leaders at all levels and teams in today’s organizations are taking on broader responsibilities and becoming more complex than ever before. Whether it be a new team that needs clear guidance, a virtual team that needs a way of finding unity, or an underperforming team that requires refocusing, today’s leaders need the skills to come up to speed quickly and drive their team to higher levels of performance.
New to mid-level managers who want to improve the performance of their teams.
This course enables learners to understand the critical factors of successful team management and the components of high performing teams. Learners will develop skills to manage a wide range of teams including cross-functional, virtual, and inherited teams. In addition, participants will gain the tools to troubleshoot underperforming teams. Led by a Tandem Solutions’ expert facilitator, two small group coaching sessions that coordinate with the content will provide the learner the opportunity to apply the management techniques with their own teams, debrief with the coach and identify how to adjust the techniques to their own styles to be the most successful in the future.
Each Participant will
- Complete the Team Assessment to better understand their teams, the team management style used currently and where there is opportunity for development.
- Understand the foundational elements of successful teams.
- Discuss the implications these foundations have on building and managing teams.
- Apply and modify these concepts as necessary to cover a range of different team types, including cross functional, virtual, new teams and inherited teams.
- Identify ways to integrate these concepts in everyday management of teams.
- Participat in 2 small-group coaching sessions to determine the best ways to apply new concepts on the job.