As the baby-boomers age out of the work force, many organizations are faced with the challenge of maintaining their leadership bench strength at all levels of the organization. Helping new to mid-level leaders develop the capabilities to lead the future organization is an important concern in today’s business environment.
New to mid-level managers who want to improve their leadership skills and capabilities.
This course enables learners to understand the difference between management and leadership and focuses on building capability in several leadership areas. The course is structured around 3 progressive levels of concern: your self, your team, and your environment. Learners will complete a number of short, directed self-assessments to build their awareness of how they engage with others. Participants will also learn to use several tools and templates to help them organize their thoughts around a broad range of leadership topics. Four small group coaching sessions led by a Tandem Solutions’ expert facilitator will provide the learner the opportunity to apply the techniques with their own teams, debrief with the coach, and identify how to adjust the techniques to their own styles to be successful in the future.
Each Participant will
- Understand the difference between management and leadership and why both are important for success.
- Understand the importance of Emotional Intelligence for leaders.
- Learn how to align their time with longer term priorities to ensure they are not just working hard, but also working smart.
- Discuss the characteristics of high performing teams, complete a team assessment, and develop an action plan for improving team performance.
- Learn the four common responses to conflict, when each is appropriate, and how to manage teams where all conflict modes are in play.
- Apply a framework for holding performance discussions.
- Learn the importance of using delegation as a tool not just for getting work done but also for improving employee engagement and performance.
- Learn how to use structured communications techniques to get their messages across clearly to diverse audiences.
- Apply a series of tools that will help improve their ability to influence others.