Jan co-founded Tandem Solutions in 2002. She collaborates with leaders to transform their organizational cultures in a way that reflects their strategies and values.
Jan is the former Director for HealthCare Services at Linkage, Inc. and a seasoned veteran of Accenture, where she led hospital-wide change initiatives as a member of the Worldwide Healthcare Excellence Team. During that time, she developed an organizational change methodology and approach that became the standard for Accenture’s global initiative on Patient-Centered Care.
Immediately prior to founding Tandem Solutions, Jan researched and developed a number of leadership concepts that established the basis for our LongitudinaLearningTM approach and our initial leadership development programs. She has over 30 years of experience in instructional design and leveraged her deep expertise to reimagine the way training programs should be delivered. Following several initial pilot initiatives, Jan co-founded Tandem Solutions, to expand on these initial ideas and help clients build the leadership needed to drive significant change efforts.
- Co-developed the LongitudinaLearningTM approach to Tandem’s training and coaching programs.
- Led the consulting effort to transform 7 separate post-acute care facilities into a single, integrated organization that resulted in a seamless experience for patients across the continuum of care.
- Coached numerous senior leaders in different industries to expand their self-awareness and cultivate change in mindset and behaviors that resulted in significant shifts in their performance, confidence, and organizational impact.
- Coached numerous clinical leaders in complex, matrix organization structures to strengthen collaboration and decision-making across disciplines.
- Collaborated with a NICU multidisciplinary clinical leaders to transform their team culture with reenergized vision and values, governance structure, and coached them to build their leadership capability to implement the new model.
- Led participant driven design and delivery of a coaching program for mid level leaders at a large university to help them expand their self-awareness and develop the leadership perspective and confidence they needed to find their voices with their teams and senior executives.
- Partnered with an executive physician leader to launch and strengthen his leadership team, and align with hospital administration to give his team a ‘seat at the table’ to use their voice to influence patient care excellence.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing, Georgetown University
- Master of Business Administration, University of Hartford
- Former Board President, Visiting Nurse Association of Middlesex County
- Certified Interpreter of Myers Briggs, Leadership Versatility Index, and Emotional Intelligence 2.0 Assessments
- Former Board Member, International Coaching Federation, New England Chapter
- Coach U Certified Graduate
- Professional Certified Coach, International Coaching Federation
Train the Way Adults Learn
A large university was investing in a group of leaders but was unsure what content was most important. There was also concern that the leaders had been overwhelmed during the COVID 19 pandemic and needed support for their own health and the health of their teams.
Coaching for the Team
A Boston area hospital was having a considerable challenge with the culture of one of its clinical units. The clinical team had experienced a high degree of turnover and an influx of new, less experienced team members. They struggled with trusting one another, which led to breakdowns in collaboration for delivering the best patient care.
Are You Ready to Work in Tandem?