Joe co-founded Tandem Solutions in 2002 after a successful 20-year career at Accenture, Fidelity Investments, and several high-tech startups.
After leading large organization change efforts for nearly a decade, Joe became one of the founding members of an industry strategy practice at Accenture. The practice pioneered a new approach to value-based billing, aligning success directly with the success of its clients and becoming one of the most profitable practices at the firm.
As a senior executive at Fidelity Investments, Joe transformed the company’s approach to new product development by combining 3 departments into a new organization with overall responsibility for the entire new product lifecycle from market analysis through rollout.
Immediately prior to founding Tandem Solutions, Joe led two successful turnarounds in small companies as a vice president and General Manager. His teams sustained quarterly revenue growth of over 30% and led to the successful sale of both companies.
- Co-developed the LongitudinaLearningTM approach to Tandem’s training and coaching programs.
- Developed “Leading People, Managing WorkTM,” Tandem’s first broad leadership curriculum.
- Led the redesign of new product innovation and product management at a Global 100 consumer products company.
- Developed numerous custom leadership programs for clients across industries including healthcare, insurance, financial services, and aerospace and defense.
- Coached numerous executive team members in insurance, financial services, and higher education.
- Coached numerous physician executives in large academic medical centers.
- Former facilitator of “Doctors and Sense,” a quarterly series on healthcare reform at Harvard University.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology, Harvard College
- Former chair, Continuing Education Committee, Harvard Alumni Association
- Former chair, Alzheimer’s Association of MA and NH
- Former National Board member, Alzheimer’s Association
- Certified Interpreter of Myers Briggs, DiSC, and Hogan Assessments
- Self Actualized Coach and Mentor, Rayner Institute
- Professional Certified Coach, International Coaching Federation
Managing Change During Mergers
The Alzheimer’s Association made a strategic decision to merge all of its separately incorporated chapters into a single, nationwide organization. This required creating alignment among 47 independent organizations and managing the challenges associated with wide-scale change.
Building Leadership Depth
A large, multinational Aerospace and Defense company had a large group of frontline and mid-level managers that had been promoted for their technical competence. To advance in their careers, they needed to develop a clear understanding of the role as a leader, and how to apply critical leadership concepts with their teams.
Train the Way Adults Learn
A large university was investing in a group of leaders but was unsure what content was most important. There was also concern that the leaders had been overwhelmed during the COVID 19 pandemic and needed support for their own health and the health of their teams.
Coaching for the Team
A Boston area hospital was having a considerable challenge with the culture of one of its clinical units. The clinical team had experienced a high degree of turnover and an influx of new, less experienced team members. They struggled with trusting one another, which led to breakdowns in collaboration for delivering the best patient care.